USB support under GMFC with the GGC interface
- Generation of a unique GMFC license key, independent of the PC and disk formatting.
- Works under any Windows version that supports USB from win98 to Windows 7.
- 10, 20, and 50 KHz internal timer for smooth accelerations. The internal timer allows the support of motor interfaces that don't have a timer.
- Compatible with most existing step/dir unipolar and bipolar motor
interfaces. Fully configurable Dir/Step outputs. Motor Enable on
parallel port pin 1 or 17.
- Wire heat support.
- Optional display of the heat and parameters using a LCD panel.
- Automated recognition of the interface parameters by GMFC (from version 3.89.14).
- Full compatibility with the former MMUSB interface.
- Programming of the MM2001 PIC firmware. The V5.1 or MM2001_GGC version of the MM2001 firmware are mandatory to work with the GGC interface.
- Configuration through the ggc_utilityV2 software that also allows the programming of the MM2001 PIC firmware.
- On-line documentation.
GGC interface installation
Here is a picture of the GGC interface.
The GGC interface connects to the MM2001 using the parallel port, and
to the PC via the USB cable. A USB cable of type B (printer type) is
After connecting the GGC interface, open the device manager. A new
HID device of type HIDMMUSB should appear:
Now run GMFC (from version 3.89.14). Then open the dialog "GMFC/Table
configuration". In the the "Driver and Hardware interface" frame,
select "USB". The GGC parameters, such as its type and the timer value
are automatically recognized.
Note that with the GGC interface, the timer frequency is specified
internally. The timer value is either 10Khz (100us), 20Khz (50us) or 50Khz (20us)
and is independent from the MM2001 timer. The timer dialog of GMFC is thus inactive.
If the wire heat is managed by the MM2001 interface, the heat precision is
determined by the MM2001 timer. Its frequency should be set to 4Khz.
Details on configuring the GGC interface are described in the
online documentation. Please read it carefully.
GMFC license and the GGC
The GGC V2 is supported by all GMFC versions. It's usage requiers a
software add-on license of 25 euros in addition to the standard
The GGC V2 interface provides an unique license
key that is independent of the PC and disk formatting. To validate the USB licence,
open the dialog "Help/About".
The 30 day test period is valid with the GGC board. After that period, you will have to enter the USB license key. You can also test the GGC
interface using the ggc_utilityV2 program.
Now click on the "Get license" button.
Just send me the code, and I
will mail you back a license key that will work on any PC. Therefore,
the GGC can be shared easily within a club.
A GMFC license is associated to a single GGC/MMUSB interface. If you
need several GGC/MMUSB interfaces, you must buy one GMFC license (and USB add-on)
The GGC interface is now sold by me, check the Registration page.
For US customers, the GGC is sold by Dan Field. Please contact him by email for shipping cost and order.